Smoke Alarms Save Lives logo

Fire Station Details - Crayford old fire station 3 site

Upload an image of this Fire Station   Image of book  Upload an image of this Fire Station
Smoke Alarms Save Lives logo

Name:Crayford old fire station 3 site
Address:r/o Town Hall, Crayford Road
Town:Crayford
Brigade:Kent
Postcode:
  
Year Range: ?-1948? (demolished)
  
Confirmed
Latitude/Longitude:
51.449895 North
00.180551 East
  
Further Information/ Provenance: 

Shown on 1938 1:2500 OS map

Les Rose
- The fire station was in the wall of St Paulinus Church until 1917, then moved to Bexley Lane until 1921 when the new Dennis would not fit in the station so moved to Slade Green works department until 1929 when Crayford U.D.C purchased the Vickers Canteen to become the Town Hall. The fire station was then at the rear of the Town Hall and later part of Timpson Coach station was used as an additional fire station from 1938 due to the pending of WW2. Kent Fire Brigade was formed in 1948 and closed the fire station at the rear of the Town Hall as no longer required, and the other building remained the Crayford fire station until Government cuts closed it in 1952
 
 
If any of this information is incorrect, or you can supply further details (confirmed address, location, years of use etc), please click here to send details



Return to previous page
No Image Available
 
 
 
 

Copyright © 1998-2023 Kevin Hale. All rights reserved

CSS   Valid CSS!   Valid HTML 4.01! Cookies Policy