Smoke Alarms Save Lives logo

Fire Station Details - Twyford (BKS) old fire station 1 site

Upload an image of this Fire Station   Image of book  Upload an image of this Fire Station
Smoke Alarms Save Lives logo

Name:Twyford (BKS) old fire station 1 site
Address:High Street?/Wargrave Road
Town:Twyford
Brigade:Berkshire
Postcode:
  
Year Range: 1902-? (demolished)
  
Confirmed
Latitude/Longitude:
51.477576 North
00.867212 West
        
Further Information/ Provenance: 

Kelly's Directory of Berkshire, 1899, p226
- no address given
Kelly's Directory of Reading, 1914, p485
- no address given
Kelly's Directory of Berkshire, 1915, p249
- no address given

Shown on 1932 1:2500 OS map


http://www.trlhs.org.uk/
- In 1902 a property was leased from Simondís Brewery at the corner of Wargrave Road Bell Corner, previously a blacksmiths, which was turned into the new Twyford Fire Station. [website has picture taken 1903] Twyford retained its own fire engine up until 1945, when cover was then provided by Sonning and Wargrave engines.
Simondís & Lawence (Parkers) Estate Agents now stands on this site at the new Bell Corner.
 
 
If any of this information is incorrect, or you can supply further details (confirmed address, location, years of use etc), please click here to send details



Return to previous page
No Image Available
 
 
 
 

Copyright © 1998-2023 Kevin Hale. All rights reserved

CSS   Valid CSS!   Valid HTML 4.01! Cookies Policy