Smoke Alarms Save Lives logo

Fire Station Details - Llanybyther old fire station site

Upload an image of this Fire Station   Image of book  Upload an image of this Fire Station
Smoke Alarms Save Lives logo

Name:Llanybyther old fire station site
Address:wooden shed, rear of Midland Garage
Town:Llanybyther
Brigade:Mid & West Wales
Postcode:
  
Year Range: April 1950-March 1960
  
Unconfirmed
Latitude/Longitude:
0.000000 North
00.000000 East
     
Further Information/ Provenance: 

Michael George, Welsh Fire Service Information FB group
- The old Midland Garage. A former NFS station closed soon after brigades were handed back to local authority control in 1948

Not shown on available maps August 2018

John Murray
- The brigade were having problems with recruiting enough personnel at Lampeter and so they decided to "open the old fire station at Llanbyther, a distance of 4 miles away." This station opened on 27th April 1950 and was in a wooden hut at the rear of the Midland Garage.
Once the numbers of personnel at Lampeter had been increased, Llanbyther closed on 31st March 1960
 
 
If any of this information is incorrect, or you can supply further details (confirmed address, location, years of use etc), please click here to send details



Return to previous page
No Image Available
 
 
 
 

Copyright © 1998-2023 Kevin Hale. All rights reserved

CSS   Valid CSS!   Valid HTML 4.01! Cookies Policy