Smoke Alarms Save Lives logo

Fire Station Details - St Margarets old fire station 2

Upload an image of this Fire Station   Image of book  Upload an image of this Fire Station
Smoke Alarms Save Lives logo

Name:St Margarets old fire station 2
Address:Reach Road
Town:St Margarets-At-Cliffe, Dover
Postcode:CT15 6AE
Year Range: 1970-2012
51.150472 North
01.369750 East
Further Information/ Provenance:
- closed April 2012

Simon Rowley
- being converted into house 2014

The village had its own fire station from 1896, a hand-cart that was manned by volunteer firemen who were residents of the village. At the start of the 20th Century, a second fire shed was constructed on the beach where there was a small community existing of hotels, cafés and housing. In 1936 the village purchased its first motor fire engine and housed it next to the Hope Inn in the central village. The Auxiliary Fire Service took the station over in 1939 and at the outbreak of WWII the Royal Marines based in the village manned the two fire engines that were stationed there. A new station was built in 1970 along Reach Road, and St Margaret's became one of the first fire stations in Kent to alert the crew by Pocket Alerter instead of the traditional siren.

Garry Wainwright
- appliance bay doors were replaced around 2007/8
If any of this information is incorrect, or you can supply further details (confirmed address, location, years of use etc), please click here to send details

Return to previous page
Image of

Image of

Image of

Image of


Copyright © 1998-2024 Kevin Hale. All rights reserved

CSS   Valid CSS!   Valid HTML 4.01! Cookies Policy